Tribute Concert to Manolis Hiotis in N.Y.

On Nov. 9 at the Stathakion Cultural Center, 22-51 29th Street in Astoria, New York, CYPRECO of America, Inc., will be bringing to New...

Giakoumis’ Balkan Wars Lecture at N.Y. Church

“What did Greek-Americans do for Greece during the 1912 Balkan Wars?” asked Peter S. Giakoumis, keynote speaker at the Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Community of...

Greek-American Groups Weigh Election Options

As the U.S. Presidential elections rapidly approach on Nov. 6, incumbent Barack Obama and his challenger, Republican nominee Mitt Romney - along with members...

HANAC Celebrates 40 Years of Public Service

The 40th Anniversary Black Tie HANAC Dinner Dance Celebration was held on Oct. 26 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Manhattan, honoring the humanitarian...

Karavokiros Keeps Mobile Dancing to OPA!

For more than 20 years, Mike Karavokiros, a chemical engineer at Chevron Pascagoula Refinery, has honored his Greek identity by making sure that Greek...

N.Y. Celebrates Oxi Day

The Federation of the Hellenic Societies of New York in cooperation with many Hellenic associations, organized a series of events to mark the anniversary...

N.J. Teen Helps Raise $80,000 for Greek Children

Thanks to Christina Leventis, a Tenafly, N.J. High School graduate, some $80,000 has been collected to help benefit children in Greece during the country's...

St. Nicholas Church Will Rise Again

Plans to rebuild St. Nicholas Church, destroyed when the World Trade Center buildings collapsed on it during the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, are...

Markopoulos Tabbed for Pheidippides Award in N.Y.

One of Greece's best-known composers, Yannis Markopoulos, give a concert in New York, where he will also receive the 2012 Pheidippides Award in honor...
Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks

A Greek-American’s Personal Pledge to Fight Breast Cancer

* By Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks It has been five years since I lost my very best friend, my closest confidant, my beautiful mother to this terrible...

Latest