By Fr. Jon Magoulias* - As Greek-Orthodox Christians prepare to celebrate Easter this Sunday, May 5th, we would like to shed some light on the reasons why the Orthodox Christian Church celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ later than the Catholic one. While the issue is somewhat complicated, it may be summarized in the two factors at [...]
By Stamatis Astra* — It was 2:33, one more picture, one more tweet. I managed a coveted spot at the Finish line, at the 4:00:00 mark. I saw people finishing 26.2 miles, people in pain but with a smile. I saw the highest level of motivation and inspiration. I saw parents pushing the carriages of [...]
Repo(we)r Greece organized an academic US tour to spark a discussion across North America on rebuilding Greece and changing the world’s negative perceptions of its people. Below are the findings of the discussions as they were presented by Alexandros Costopoulos, one of the initiative’s organizers. Restoring the credibility of Greece – a prerequisite for the international [...]
By Rygo Foss, Legal Counsel of Skyline Restoration Inc* – 2012 was filled with surprises having enormous implications on the construction industry. No shortage of drama. So with it, were you surprised? In a relatively short three years, the industry’s concept of normal and non-normal (whether environmental or policy), is changing. Is your “surprise” threshold [...]
Peter Minaki of Kalofagas.ca shares a Greek recipe that comes in handy for Thanksgiving dinner. Here is the way to make Greek style Turkey.
By Nancy Ruhling - Anastasia Tsantes stands on her feet all day. She’s a waitress who’s used to pulling 12- and 13-hour shifts. Yeah, working leaves her dog tired, but she’s never too worn out to dance in the footsteps of her Greek ancestors. “The dancing, it comes from my soul,” she says. Every Tuesday and Wednesday [...]
A Greek-American’s answer to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney who wants to save America from going “…down the path toward Greece.” By Dean Argiris* – Far too often, it seems, when we see others who posses traits that we feel we lack, we have a tendency to mock those individuals. Yesterday, Governor Romney, without knowing [...]
Writer of code, fixer of all things electronic, dispenser of inappropriate humor, enemy of grooming and formal clothing, and friend to all furry creatures, Toli works hard, sleeps even harder, but always makes time for family and the important things in life. Things like eating cheese, reading obscure legal documents, and trying to talk Christine [...]
* By Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks It has been five years since I lost my very best friend, my closest confidant, my beautiful mother to this terrible disease. She was first diagnosed with breast cancer 20 years ago and bravely fought for her life while having a mastectomy, two rounds of chemotherapy and radiation. She did all [...]
Greek-American former CIA agent, John Kiriakou, is being prosecuted for disclosing classified information to journalists, including the name of a covert CIA officer. He has pled “Not Guilty” to all charges and is still preparing to go to trial on November 26.
Many small, family-owned businesses in the United States are struggling to survive because, along with the sluggish economy, they face stiff competition from well-known chain stores and restaurants. However, one small, family-owned restaurant just outside of Washington, D.C., is not only surviving, it’s thriving. The Primo Family Restaurant has been a popular dining spot in [...]
- 05 / 24 Greek Investment Forum for Second Consecutive Year
- 05 / 23 Rare Finding of Ancient Greek Warrior
- 05 / 23 Tribute to Agathon and Koza Mostra
- 05 / 23 AMCHAM Makes Investor Pitch In N.Y.
- 05 / 23 Tzortzinis’ Lens Capture The Sad Face of Athens
- 02 / 11 Exclusive: Hillary Clinton Will Run for President in 2016 – Confirmed February 11, 2013
- 07 / 23 St. Nicholas of Manhattan in Ruins while Mosque Rises July 23, 2010
- 08 / 12 John Thomas Financial CEO Thomas Belesis Is Optimistic @FoxBusiness August 12, 2011
- 12 / 03 Epirotes Abroad Blast Berisha’s “Greater Albania” December 3, 2012
- 10 / 23 Mitt Romney, Greece is Not a Punching Bag October 23, 2012
- Sellout Artists Promote Greece with…Placemats and Disposable Cups Tanya Soumbasakis
- Cultures in crisis Anna Maria Delinasiou
- Two ways to be Greek? Anna Maria Delinasiou