Calamos Wealth Management announced its 2014 Annual Family Financial Summit set to take place in September. The Summit will feature presentations by Calamos Co-CIOs, John Calamos Sr. and Gary Black, members of the Calamos investment team, subject matter experts and speakers from some of the most prominent families in the nation who will share their own stories of success, failure and lessons learned.
The event will also feature interactive roundtables, informal discussions, and the opportunity to network with successful families in a confidential environment.
More than 200 people from around the country are expected to attend the two-day program that will include the following speakers and topics:
• Chris Gardner, the inspiration for the acclaimed movie “The Pursuit of Happyness”, will share his triumphant story and speak about perseverance and personal responsibility in times of crisis.
• Behavioral finance expert Dr. Richard Peterson will share a presentation titled “Inside the Investor’s Brain: Managing your mind in maddening markets”.
• The investment world and the global economy are undergoing significant generational changes that impact the way we invest and build portfolios. Calamos CO-CIOs, John P. Calamos Sr. and Gary Black will share their thoughts.
• In the session “Why Alternatives?”, participants will discuss why institutions, university endowments, and high net worth investors allocate assets to alternative strategies. Attendees will learn about the history of alternatives, the various types of investments, and current trends.
• C. Dean Metropoulos, the Greek-American with the sterling reputation in the private equity investment world, will talk about investment opportunities, his Greek heritage, and what makes him a successful businessman and philanthropist.
• Generational Differences Make a Difference! From Pre-Boomers to Millennials, attitudes toward money, politics, and heroes vary from generation to generation. In her insightful presentation, Marilyn Moats Kennedy will walk us through trends that affect how we communicate with and relate to each other.
• A Philanthropy Panel will explore trends in philanthropy, giving vehicles, impact investing and more. Panelists include: Gary Mendell, Founder of Shatterproof and HEI Hotels & Resorts; Jonah Wittkamper, Founder Nexus Global Youth Summit; Brian Deacy, Fidelity Charitable Planning Specialist; and Bruce Boyd, Principal of Arabella Philanthropy Advisors.
• The world of finance can be extremely intimidating, but the stock market and greater financial world won’t seem so complicated after attending the Investing 201 class!
• Within wealthy families, transparency about wealth — the concern about how much to reveal, to whom, and when — is a complex issue. The session To Reveal or Conceal will explore this topic.
To learn more, visit Calamos Wealth Management.