There is always something to celebrate at Opa! Fest and this year that long standing tradition continues!
The Troy St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church will once again be hosting Opa! Fest, which is the largest on-going Greek festival in the Metro Detroit area, with over 10,000 attendees enjoying the culture, cuisine and hospitality of Greece. Friends, families, neighbors – young and old – are all invited to experience the tastes, smells, sounds and overall celebration of life that is held so very proudly by the Greek community.
Each Opa! Fest day is filled with live Greek music, traditional Greek dancing, delicious homemade Greek food, pastries and a large gift marketplace.
Dates: Friday, June 22, from 4pm to 11pm
Saturday, June 23, from Noon to 11pm
Sunday, June 24, from Noon to 8pm
Opa! Fest Activities:
- Feast on delicious and authentic foods of Greece, from scrumptious dinner entrees to delectable desserts. Don’t forget the Loukoumathes (Greek donut-holes)!
- Learn techniques and secrets of Greek cooking from some of the best Greek chefs from the Detroit area.
- The Kafeneio (Greek coffee house) for a real Greek coffee or a cold Frappe (iced Greek coffee) and the Taverna (Greek tavern) for individuals 21 and older.
- Enjoy live music by popular local Greek band Enigma.
- Enjoy traditional music and folk dances performed by over 200 ethnic dancers.
- Shop in the Plaka Marketplace, featuring authentic Greek merchandise, jewelry, artwork, apparel, books…
- Take a tour of the St. Nicholas Church and enjoy the beauty of the magnificent and symbolic iconography. This year also marks the 76th anniversary for St. Nicholas Church!
- Children can enjoy games and rides in the supervised area. This area is filled with inflatable rides, fun crafts, games and much more.
- Internationally renowned OMEGA Dancers will be performing during the weekend.
Opa! Fest Admission and Specials:
Opa! Fest Food Special, Gyros ½ price Saturday, June 23rd from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.!!!
Opa! Fest Parking:
Free parking and shuttle service from Walsh College (Troy Campus) throughout the festival.